News and Recruitment
Our Staff and Residents
News and Recruitment
Lacey Davis, Pharm.D., BCPS, CGP
- Clinical Pharmacist – Hospice, Palliative and Post-acute Care
Resident Learning Experience Precepted:
- Palliative Care
Aultman Team Member Since: 2014
- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University (Ada, Ohio), 2012
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Summa Hospital (Akron, Ohio), 2012-2013
- PGY-2 Residency – Pain, Palliative Care, and Hospice, The Ohio State University and HospiScript (Columbus, Ohio), 2013-2014
- Board-certified since 2013
- Geriatric pharmacy-certified since 2015
Selected Additional Experience:
- Clinical Instructor of Pharmacy Practice, Northeast Ohio Medical University (Rootstown, Ohio), 2012-2013
- Bishop BM, Shumate LA. Coping with death in the patient care setting. Am J Health System Pharm 2015; 72(11): 918-20.
- Davis LA. Guidelines for Effective Management of Symptoms- Constipation. Palliative Care Consultant Guidelines for Effective Management of Symptoms, 4th edition.
- Shumate L. Culture of Respect. Ohio Society of Health System Pharmacists Bulletin. January/February 2013.
- Davis, L. Medication highlights: a year in review. Podium presentation at Midwest Care Alliance Annual Conference. 2014 Nov 4; Columbus, Ohio
- Davis L, Williams A, Grossman S, et al. The role of a clinical pharmacist as part of an interdisciplinary hospice team. Poster presented at Aultman Hospital Spirit of Inquiry. 2015 Dec 4; Canton, Ohio
- Shumate L, Collier K, Jones M, et al. Pharmacist-guided methadone opioid rotation in hospice patients through an interdisciplinary methadone follow-up program. Poster presentation at American College of Clinical Pharmacy Virtual Poster Symposium. 2014 May 20.
- Shumate L. Hospice and palliative care overview. Podium presentation at Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists (OSHP) Spring Pharmacy Technician Education Seminar. 2014 May 14; Hilliard, Ohio
- Shumate L, Hartman A, McCrate-Protus B, et al. Pain management in opioid-tolerant versus opioid-naïve sickle cell disease patients with acute pain crises. Poster presented at American Society of Health System Pharmacists Annual Meeting. 2013 Dec 11; Orlando, Florida
- Shumate L, Fosnight SM, Dinuoscio D, Wilford R. The effects of melatonin and trazodone on delirium in hospitalized patients. Poster presented at American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting. 2013 Oct 14; Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Shumate L, Cudnik M, Rich M. A retrospective evaluation of painful diabetic neuropathy in a resident internal medicine clinic. Poster presented at Pain Week. 2013 Sept 5; Las Vegas